Capital Defense Lawyer Marc Bookman Discusses His New Book and the Systemic Defects that Have Sent the Death Penalty into 'A Descending Spiral' – Discussions With DPIC
The July 2021 episode of Discussions with DPIC features a conversation between DPIC Executive Director Robert Dunham and Marc Bookman, the co-founder and Executive Director of the Atlantic Center for Capital Representation (ACCR), regarding his critically acclaimed new book, A Descending Spiral: Exposing the Death Penalty in 12 Essays. Bookman and Dunham explore a wide range of systemic death-penalty problems addressed in the book, which was released in May 2021. The topics include mental illness, racial injustice, judicial and juror bias, ineffective representation, and prosecutorial misconduct.
- Capital Defense Lawyer Marc Bookman Discusses His New Book and the Systemic Defects that Have Sent the Death Penalty into 'A Descending Spiral'
- Rethinking Public Safety: A Conversation with Former Nevada Prison Doctor, Dr. Karen Gedney
- Rethinking Public Safety: A Conversation with Former Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro
- Ethical-Design Advocate Raphael Sperry on Why the American Institute of Architects Banned Members From Designing Death Chambers
- Carine Williams of the Innocence Project Discusses Death Penalty, Innocence, and ‘the Function of Freedom’
The Death Penalty – The Death Penalty
We talk about whether or not the death penalty is worth it or not